1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.
2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water,
and have both lids lifted.
3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards
4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and
close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he
cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body
too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for
any purchase they can find.
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a
"power wash and rinse" which I have found to be quite
6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that
there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly
lift both lids.
8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run
outside where he will dry himself.